The best way to start intermittent fasting for real resultsRandall Smitham October 19, 2019 42 Comments
This is the last video you will see on intermittent fasting before you have everything that you need to create a customized intermittent fasting plan for yourself as early as today. Please watch till the end since I have shared a lot of research information. Hi friends, You are watching Thamizh penn channel, which is your No.1 favorite channel for weight loss and nutrition coaching. If you are new to this channel, I have a quick intro about me for you. This was how I looked 7 years ago with 95 kgs of body weight. I lost 30+ kgs, since then by creating and following my own diet plan. In this channel, I share all the tips and tricks of the trade that I have tried and what works. I also bring you information pertaining to the latest research in the field of weight loss and nutrition. In today’s video, I am sharing all information absolutely free on intermittent fasting that I was able research and find out. Intermittent fasting is not an eating plan, it is an eating pattern. • There are no approved or unapproved foods in the list for intermittent fasting
• No calorie recommendations
• No macro nutrient targets You would take the intermittent fasting eating pattern and apply it to any diet plan that you like the best, whether it is paleo diet, keto diet, atkins diet, vegan diet, vegetarian diet, carb cycling and so on. The point is to be able to fit your existing diet plan into an eating pattern that is convenient for you and your lifestyle. That is going to give you results. With so much information in the internet, it is easy to get confused when you look at the different types of intermittent fasting options. If you are confused right now, do not worry.
By the end of this video, you will know which eating plan is best for you. Benefits of intermittent fasting include: Improved insulin sensitivity, which will help with the fat loss • Increase in the levels of muscle building growth hormone • Enhanced repair mechanism in which old cells are being replaced with new cells called Autophagy. • Increased productivity and more mental clarity • Definitely weight loss One thing that is common to all the intermittent fasting types is that there is a time window where you eat, and a window where you do not eat. From the different types of intermittent fasting methods available, you need to pick:
• Which one fits your lifestyle
• Which one you are ready to do It is best to start with an easier protocol and then slowly move into a tougher protocol if you would like to with time and practice. If you are beginner and you have never fasted before, you do not want to fast 3 days in a row, because you will find it impossible to manage hunger. So, we are going to go slow and steady by starting with an easier plan that we can follow and then move on to a more tougher plan. Hunger that you experience is not a physical thing. It is because of something called conditioned hunger responses. These hunger responses are created in your body after years of practicing a certain eating pattern which then becomes a habit. Once they are established, these patterns become a habit. Your stomach will release a hormone called Ghrelin during the times of the day that you are normally used to eating. This means that if you eat breakfast every day for a year, and if you skip it for one day, then you are very likely to feel hungry. However, if you skip breakfast again and again for the next few days and week, your body will start adapting to the eating pattern and the hunger will gradually go away. Since it involves mind, body and hormones, the most common intermittent fasting method for beginners is 16:8 method. It is advisable to start with that window before moving to tougher methods of intermittent fasting. In the 16:8 method, you will fast for 16 hours and eat within the 8-hour window. Most people skip breakfast and just eat lunch and dinner. If you are used to having breakfast, you can choose to skip dinner and have breakfast instead. You are also not limited to just 2 meals a day.
You can have as many meals as you want as long as they fall within the 8-hour window. For example, if you start eating at 12 noon and end it 8 hours later at 8 o clock, this means that you will not be able to eat anything from 8 pm to 12 noon of the next day. Since you are eating during a restricted tome period which is a 8 hour period, you are most likely to eat less. However, it might not be the case for some.
So, without a step-by-step process, you might end up hitting a weight loss plateau and your weight loss might slow down. When you start out, calculate exactly how many calories you would need to eat to burn fat.
You can check any calorie calculators online. If you need the link to this calorie calculator, check it out on my Instagram page:
In this calculator, you enter your age, gender, height, weight, and
activity level. The results page will be displayed. It will show you how many calories you need to lose weight, to maintain weight and so on. If this is all too much work for you, you can stick to a 1200 calorie plan. Check out my diet charts for a 1200 calorie diet plan. I have provided links in the description box below. It is advisable to not go lower than 1200 calories. No matter which plan you choose, all of them will work fine for intermittent fasting. You can spread your calories in the window that best suits your lifestyle. If you eat 2 meals a day, and would like to have a heavy dinner: 30% of your total calories can come from your first meal at 12.00 noon and 70% from dinner. If you prefer a heavy lunch, then 70% of your calories can be taken during lunch and 30% during dinner.
If you want to have 3 meals a day, then you can do 30, 40 30 – where 40% is at 12.00, 30% around lunch which is 4 pm, and 30% around dinner which is 8 PM. If you are a late-night eater, then you need to setup your eating window accordingly, say 2 Pm for the first meal of the day and 10 PM for the last meal of the day. With intermittent fasting, you do have a lot of options. Irrespective of the plan you pick, you should monitor the number of calories and the macros you are eating for the first few days, or at least till you get a general idea of how much food you should be eating per day. Because you can still very easily overeat within an 8-hour time limit, which does not work for weight loss. The best way to prevent overeating is to fill your diet with a lot of green vegetables, high quality sources of protein and healthy fats and high fiber carbs. All of these will fill you up and keep you full for longer. You are eating mostly whole natural foods. You can eat junk foods once in a while without sacrificing the results. To do this, you would eat all the healthy foods that we said above and if you still have some calories left for the day, say 1 or 2 oreo cookies. Remember that you can have snacks only after you have already filled your stomach up with the healthy food, because most junk food is very dense in calories, but not very filling. Once you keep following your calorie needs and tracking it for few days, you will start intuitively eating per your calorie requirement for the day and not have to track everything. Managing your hunger during the fasting window is tricky because you are not allowed to eat anything. There are things you can really do to help in your fasting window. Black coffee can be really helpful to reduce the hunger throughout the fasting period. It is really not the end of the world, if you add a little bit of cream to the coffee. I add erythritol to my coffee. It is your choice. Drinking a lot of water throughout the day will help as well. You can also drink green tea and lemon water. If after all of that, you still feel like you cannot make it, try having a teaspoon of psyllium husk powder in the middle of you fast. Because, it has almost no calories and is very high in fiber. Try this trick for few days, till you get master the art of intermittent fasting by not having any calories during the fasting period. Psyllium husk is a must-have in your kitchen. After you have really mastered the 16:8 intermittent fasting method, you can stick to it, which is what I have been doing for the last few months.
Or, you can move on to a tougher one like the warrior diet, which is a 20 and 4 split. You fast for 20 hours in a day and eat only during the 4-hour window. Within a 4-hour period, you will probably be only able to get 1 meal or 2 meals, or 1 meal and a snack. Within a 4-hour period, you will probably be only able to get 1 meal or 2 meals, or 1 meal and a snack. It is still possible to overeat in a 4 hour window. Some people can overeat in this window. It works the same way as 16:8. You can split your macros between your meals.
More in the beginning or more in the end – 70/30, or 50/50 or 30/70. It is entirely up to you. After mastering the warrior diet, you can move to the next type of intermittent fasting, which is OMAD – one meal a day. This is technically supposed to be a 23:1 split, where you only have 1 hour per day to eat your meal. Some people split between 21/3 or 22/2. Again with this plan, it becomes easier to not overeat.
Start with a high-quality source of protein, then vegetables and healthy carbs and fats. Because after fasting for a whole day, you are going to want to anything you can get your hands into any food. So, be sure to fill your stomach with healthy meals before eating any junk food. Will fasting for 23 hours cause your body to start burning its own muscle and put you in a starvation mode? Research has showed that you will not gain or lose muscle with intermittent fasting and go into starvation mode.
Studies have shown the protein breakdown rates dropped and human growth hormone goes up which preserves muscle mass. Also, our body evolved before we had agriculture and refrigerator. Our body is fully capable of going without food for at least 3 days before we can see any negative effects on the muscle. After 3 days, the protein breakdown decreases even more. Before you try the 3 day fasting, you should try the other 2 fasting methods. Alternate fasting or the 5:2 diet
These are actually very similar fasting plans because they involve going for 24 full hours without food on certain days and eating freely on other days. With alternate day fasting, you would have as close to as zero calories one day and then you would eat freely the next day and you would switch back and forth.
Since you are skipping a whole day of eating every other day, you don’t have to really track your calories, because it is unlikely that you will eat 2 days of food in 1 day. However, it is not impossible. So, you want to keep an eye on your results and make changes to the amount you are eating if you are not losing weight. With the 5:2 diet, you would spend 2 days per week, fasting and 5 days eating freely. The 2 days don’t have to be consecutive back-to-back days, but they can be. With both these protocols, you have some people choose to still eat around 500 cal on the fasting days to help hold them over. But, if you feel you need those 500 cals, you might be better off sticking with a shorter fasting window such as 16:8. The last 2 things I want to talk about today is when you should exercise when fasting and how you should break your fast? All the fasting protocols that I mentioned are not long enough for you to obsess over exactly what not eat first, second and third.You only have to ease back into eating food when you do a fast that lasts longer than 3 days Because your digestive system will need some warming up. If you fast for 3 days or longer, then you can start with a bone broth and apple cider vinegar and things like that. For all the plans we discussed today, your no.1 priority for ending your fast should be like I said starting your meal with foods high in protein and vegetables to prevent overeating. Regarding exercise, there are some studies that say when you workout while in a fasted state, you could burn more fat. Other studies show that fat loss will level out by the end of the day whether you workout while fasting or not. Do what works for you. I walk in my fasting window. Comment and let me know which intermittent fasting protocol you like to try. I hope this video helped you out.
If it did, give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel and hit that bell icon, so you will be notified when I give more tips and tricks. See you in my next weight loss challenge video. Weight loss challenge starts Oct 15. Bye.
- best intermittent fasting meals
- best intermittent fasting schedule
- best way to lose weight with intermittent fasting
- how to do intermittent fasting
- how to do intermittent fasting and never get hungry
- how to start intermittent fasting
- intermittent fasting before and after
- intermittent fasting for beginners
- intermittent fasting for beginners what to eat
- lose weight with intermittent fasting
- The best way to start intermittent fasting for real results